Thursday, August 11, 2011

Whew!
It has been so hectic at college this week! The public holiday on Tuesday made me loose track of the week entirely! I must still post pics of my 5th outfit, it is honestly my absolute favourite!
Anyway, this week we were placed with the task of designing a bride and grooms outfit inspired by a celebrity couple. I quite enjoyed this task as I love designing couture wear and wedding dresses!
I was not particularly inspired by a specific celebrity ciuple, instead by a collaboration of Hollywood couples, I designed for the typical Hollywood wedding.
I wanted to have a more timeless touch combined with a moern edge and so I combined a classic conservative chocker neck style, with elaborate ruffles contrasted with black trimmings.
Chantilly hand-beaded lace is the main fabrication, and is used on both the wedding gown, and the men's suit. I decided to combine a mre classical approach for the male, with a timeless tailcoat jacket with lace motif moulding, collaborated with a modern, simple tapered trouser!

Let me know what you think :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment